Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
fail on second call...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
resina
New one
New one

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: fail on second call... Reply with quote

hi; i'm pretty new to both AJAX and Php;; i'm using small AJAX clients on a couple of websites: basically, i use a JS object to pass GET parameters to a Php script (JS object i took from great 'AJAX in action' book (..)) and define my callback JS function for it to handle response text or xml, depending on whatever is more suitable.. my problem is, everything works fine on the first 'asynchronous trip' to the server triggered by one of a set of handlers (onclick from 'a' tags) :: after that, when i try a second call from the same handler, the following happens: on Safari, i get an 'error fetching data' alert; on IEpc nothing happens; on Firefox mac, everything is fine..
To see an example of this, check http://www.adieffearredi.it and try to use the left-side grey buttons on the homepage; here there is no server scripts involved, just text files to update the center paragraph..
any suggestion? thx...
________
Motor Company of Australia

Last edited by resina on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
deejay
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi sarina,

Maybe better use the MX Ajax toolkit, which does the same but is browser independant (i think).

http://www.ajaxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1001

regards DJ
resina
New one
New one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dj; thanks for the tip, will try this MX Ajax toolkit.. hope it will solve the problem, but i still i don't understand where it was originated. seems like it is some issue with IE6 and Safari, but i can't find out what
________
ecigarette forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: