Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
n00b hello, IE Ajax over SSL challenges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perkiset
New one
New one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: n00b hello, IE Ajax over SSL challenges Reply with quote

First off - hello everyone - new to the board, I've been a coder for over 30 years, but only into Ajax for about 18 months now. Have written loads of classes in both PHP and JS to handle my own methods for communication and am extremely happy with what Ajax brings to the web. I'm also a mod on a couple other boards around the world - so compliments to admin, deejay & snyke on a well structured and alive forum!

I found this board because I was hunting for solutions to a challenge that I've seen rarely talked about on the web, and only 1 specific post on this board. Randomly, IE implodes with a response status of [12029|12030|12031|12152|12159] when I open a URL (or send, I am not sure on that symptom) - it seems that no packet even leaves the browser, and although I think I see symptoms that it is more likely to happen on a busy net than a quiet one, it is difficult to lock that one down. I also cannot tell if it is more likely if the *machine* is more or less busy. Of course there is no issue in Safari or FireFox.

When I create the requestor I ask for (in descending order) Msxml2.XMLHTTP.6.0, .3.0, no version number and finally Microsoft XMLHTTP. In all the machines I am currently working with I get an object on the 3.0 request.

Currently, because it seems that no packet ever leaves the box, I am simply trapping the response code and if it's one of the ones listed above, I reissue the request - but I am concerned about this because this is part of a transaction system and if I am wrong about the "packet not leaving the box" bit, I'll be building in duplicate transactions... which is bad since this particular site is for reservations at resorts with an average price tag of over 3K. Other symptoms - I always use POST as my request method, always have post content, set my request header to ("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded") and am on SSL exclusively - no iframing or other trickiness that could muddy the test. It works flawlessly on normal HTTP:80.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has had similar experience and has a different take - or even anyone that has another idea - I'm about fresh out.

Thanks in advance, and again, looking forward to being part of the community.

/p
deejay
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for coming to this board, as you can see there's not much activity lately, only from spambots Smile

Maybe Snyke knows a solution to your problem, he's very ajax sawy.

Snyke ? are you still there ?

Regards, DJ
perkiset
New one
New one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ... and here I was complimenting you guys on an active board ... I must've just come in when there was a flurry.

I haven't found many answers yet, but I did expand my own forum, a programmers exchange (pretty deep tech and such) to include Ajax and I'm starting to get some activity over there - it is here:

http://www.perkiset.org/forum/

I do have a couple workarounds and have pretty much sewn up what I need to do, but am still looking to speak with other smart people about it.

All that being said, I'd like to personally invite you folks over to to mine as well since the spectrum of the board is much wider than this. Love to have you stop by.

Best regards,
/perk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: