Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
Loading ajax pages from ajax tabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babis
New one
New one

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Loading ajax pages from ajax tabs Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am newbie to the ajax world, but from the first time I was fascinated by the power and limitless uses this technology can have (with proper use) to a modern website.

Most than anything, I love those ajax tab menus. I found this http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/ . I tried to implement it to a website I am building at my local Apache installation. Everything went Ok. I noticed though that it isnít possible to ďlinkĒ one ajax tab to another ajax page. It seems that the second ajax page looses its ajax functionality. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that trying to call ajax functionality twice from the same page is doomed to failure. Is this correct? I have been told that the only way you're going to get this to work is to modify the function ajaxpage so that after it's
called, then the second ajax query is then called.

This is exactly my problem. I donít know how to perform this task. Could you give me a little help?

Thanks in advance
Snyke
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any code we can work on?
TeckniX
Light Frequent Poster
Light Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sample code of what you're trying to do would definitely help -
What you could do though if you want to make 2 ajax request, is simply launch the other function once the first one completes, which means that you got a readystate of 4.
So where-ever you have that document.getElementById().innerHTML =
You can probably launch the other ajax call, since the first one is done and has already returned its result
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX general discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: