Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
Tutorials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snyke
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Tutorials Reply with quote

I spent most of my time reading tutorials and I thought it might be usefull to share them with you lot Razz

• AJAX Design Patterns:Is this tutorial any different from the others? Well yes and no, it is different in being a tutorial on how to design and build a complete site and not just some fancy little details like how to turn caching in AJAX off or how to create a fancy widget. To keep the tutorial readable, and to avoid having to implement low level functionality, Iím using the dojo toolkit, I tried prototype too and really enjoyed working with being a really nice and easy to use Library, but dojo provides much more functionality bundled with it. For both frameworks one thing is true: documentation is scarse, and I spent alot time debugging and reading posts on the newsgroups.
  • Site design using Prototype: The internet is full of tutorials explaining those little tricks about AJAX, how to handle XHRequests and all that low level stuff, but nobody tells you how to design the entire application, nobody gives you the overview on how all these things should work together. What good is knowing all those fragments if the developer is unable to put them together to a real use? We have libraries to abstract from the Browser dependant things like actually doing XMLHTTPRequests, and we should concentrate on higher level design to give our clients (or visitors) good and usefull applications.
  • AJAX Desktop TutorialThe purpose of this tutorial is to explain, step-by-step, how to create an AJAX desktop/homepage.
    The homepage we will create will have most of the capabilities of established homepages like Netvibes, PageFlakes, etc.
  • Really easy field validation with PrototypeI wanted a robust javascript validation library that was simple to implement and didn't require me do any extra work other than creating the form. My favourite idea for a method of doing this is to utilise the field elements' class attribute to indicate what sort of field it is and hence any validation requirements. There are a few javascript libraries that implement that idea like wForms, but, since I'm currently hell-bent on re-writing all my javascript using Prototype, I thought I'd see how difficult or easy it would be to roll my own. Turns out that this is just the sort of thing that is easy with Prototype.

Hope you like them ^^
greenman
Fairly Frequent Poster
Fairly Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: man ! Reply with quote

great work snyke Smile
vodcoder
Light Frequent Poster
Light Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some video tutorials on Ajax, you can find them on http://codervods.com/ - easy to watch and to search for items.
Jerrysprite
New one
New one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am deeply interested in these tutorials, unfortunately the first two of them cannot be accessed. How could I get them? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: