Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
New to AJAX, any tips for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpizzle
New one
New one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: New to AJAX, any tips for me? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, nice forum you have here.

As the topic states, I am new to AJAX and am in need of some direction. First I will tell you about my background.

I recently graduated with an IST degree and am working as an web application developer. In school we learned only .net and I am very comfortable in that environment. Even here at my first job I have been doing well with .net web apps that I have been making. But now the boss wants to do everything in AJAX or just javascript. SO I am a bit lost right now.

The biggest problem I have is, when I see the requirements for a job, I can't wrap my head around how to start it in AJAX. I know what I would do in .net and Visual Studio. But there seems to be a mental block for me without being able to use the tools I am used to. MAybe I can use the same tools, I just don't know.

SO if anyone has tips as to the process you use to get started on AJAX pages and what tools you use, I would be very appreciative.

My current workflow for .Net apps is to visually layout all the elements. Textboxes, buttons, sqldataadapters, all of the visual stuff, then just code it in vb.net. SO if you can point out how the process is different, or the same, for AJAX that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Al
jeffjustice
New one
New one

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read some basic stuff on Wikipedia about it or at http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/JavaScript/Ajax , after that you must write your own scripts, that is the only way to learn. If you want some help with that, check out http://codervods.com/Default.aspx?mode=default&category=AJAX&days=All&currentIndex=0
vikas1234
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest to start programming also as it will help to understand the use of AJAX and understanding
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: