Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
Checkboxes / Dynamic Multi-select and Hierarchy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Streek
New one
New one

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Checkboxes / Dynamic Multi-select and Hierarchy Reply with quote

I'm a seasoned web dev, new to AJAX and javascript in general. Here's what I'm working with: Code Igniter(php), and handwritten AJAX - I do have jQuery installed but have yet to use it on this project.

Here's what I'm trying to do: The client wants an occupation selection / selector based on checkboxes... They want it so that you can click on a checkmark box like IT then more will appear below it (indented) with for example Web development or Software engineering. Than after you click on one of those than you pick PHP Developer or ROR Developer, etc.

Now I've worked with AJAX a bit but I'm unsure HOW I am going to go at this. Primarily: weither I should use jQuery for the UI but will it be able to easily populate an array FROM JAVA to PHP so that I can search mysql/etc. from the user selections?

I'm pretty desperate because of my lack of experience with AJAX perticularly.

Thanks in advanced.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: