Ajax Talk - Asynchronous javascript and xml discussion board
 FAQ   Search    Usergroups      Register   Profile   Check your messages   Log in 
Signup now to enjoy a range of free membership advantages !!
Ajax Talk - Moderators Wanted
XML back to the server with XMLHttpRequest.send()

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varsenault
New one
New one

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: XML back to the server with XMLHttpRequest.send() Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having trouble when trying to send a DOM Document object back to the server with XMLHttpRequest.send(). Actually, the problem is quite simple : the XML doesnt' seem to get sent at all. On the server-side, I dont see anything in the request either in the headers (request.getHeader(), etc.), in the parameters (request.getParameters(), etc.) or in the body of the request (request.getReader()) as I supposed, and how I think the W3C specifiation for XMLHttpRequest is meant to be implemented. I'm running the test on the client-side with Firefox 1.5.0.3 (using the Prototype 1.5_rc0 AJAX library, but it's using Mozilla XMLHttpRequest quite plainly) and on the server-side with Tomcat 5.0.28 and Struts 1.2.7.

Does anyone ever succeded in sending XML back to the server on a Java server platform while using Firefox as a client?

Thanks.
adam
New one
New one

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats your javascript code? as iv managed to send xml back to the web server (which has been apache and php) and then pushed a dom request back to the javascript.

one way too find out whats going on would be too install the firebug extension for firefox and monitor all the request calls javascript makes and what is recieved etc...

hope this helps!
Snyke
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I'd like to know first:

• Do you get a request on the serverside?
  • You do know that the document has to be POSTed, right?

deejay
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: tomcat & struts Reply with quote

Hi,

don't know the first thing about tomcat & struts, but type of serverside component shouldn't matter.

Ciao Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ajaxtalk.com Forum Index -> AJAX Programmers Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: